Referrals to the Women’s Outreach Team can either be self-referrals or by a wide range of voluntary and statutory professionals
A whole family support and therapeutic counselling service for mothers and their families in response to the complex health and social care needs experienced by women affected by domestic abuse, substance use and poor mental health.
The Women’s Outreach Team will focus on:
- Supporting mothers who are affected by domestic abuse, substance use and poor mental health.
- Counselling, CBT and recovery work to strengthen rehabilitation from addiction and substance use.
- Support to women in their parenting role, managing behaviour and establishing routines at home.
- Therapeutic and direct work with children and young people affected by domestic abuse.
- Support for women to have their views heard and help them to understand and participate in meetings such as children’s hearings.
If I hadn’t had a Circle worker, I would have felt lost. Going from a big major incident that affected myself and my children, the help and support that was given to me was indescribable. You were able to sit and teach my boys new ways of expressing those feelings, opened up and able to speak. You showed me new ways to handle situations and also was just there to listen and give me advice and give me peace of mind.